Two years ago, Softchoice’s Seattle office started to work with a non-profit organization, Year Up. [Read more…]
Pooch Profile: Charlie the Vizsla is an aspiring model/actor who loves attention, naps and peanut butter!
Age: 10 months
Breed: Vizsla (Natural-born hunters, with hearts of gold)
Owner: Karl Tegtmeyer, BD – Vendor Sales Specialist, Seattle
Charlie’s Position at Softchoice: Charlie is the office ‘nap coordinator’ and an avid ‘attention-seeker’. Everyone loves Charlie, so he expects a lot of attention on a fairly regular basis. Charlie loves to paw people, demanding that they come over to visit and spend some quality time with him.
Seattle Karaoke night: We love our Softchoice managers but sometimes it is great to make them get up on stage and sing in front of everyone. Employees donated money on 9 different managers that they would like to see sing karaoke. We also had a top performer round and group round. After lots of fun on stage there was close to $1500 raised.
Outdoor Movie Night: Seattle held a successful outdoor movie night on their office deck which overlooks the Puget Sound. The event allowed around 50 employees, friends and families enjoy a fun movie, BBQ and a beautiful sunset while raising money for Softchoice Cares.
Through a variety of activities from April until August, employees managed to raise dollars for Softchoice Cares:
- BBQ in Montreal
- Beer Cart Raffles
- Biggest Loser Competition Company-Wide
- Book Fair in St Louis (organizer: Vicky Zeis)
- Habitat for Humanity Builds in: Montreal, DC, LA/Irvine, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Atlanta
- Windows 7 technical training (organizer: Rebecca Horton)
- Marra Farms – One Brick Event in Seattle (organizer: Larissa Tietjen)
- MKG Self Defense class in Seattle (organizer: James Kessenich)
- NorCrawl event in Atlanta (organizers: Kellie Boggs and Jody Girard)
- SBM Canada Golf Tournament in Toronto
- Seattle Golf Tournament (organizer: Lisa Yu)
- Street Hockey in Toronto (organizer: Peter Cibula)
- Trivia Night in Seattle and Toronto (organizers: Karly Billstein and Melissa Alvares)
- World Cup Pool, company-wide (organizer: Peter Cibula)
- Selling Softchoice Cares T-shirts
- Seattle Movie Night
In July, Seattle sales reps volunteered at Marra Farms. They harvested tons of fresh fruits and vegetables and donated over 50 trays of food for the Providence Regina House Food Bank. This was a great way to get your hands dirty for a great cause.