The smell of a freshly waxed floor always brings me back to boot camp. No, not the type designed by some fitness guru, but the real deal. My military baptism – 28 weeks of blood, sweat and tears! [Read more…]
Search Results for: RPS
Making Managers Look Silly
Generally speaking, we like our managers. But for some reason we just can’t get enough of seeing them all gussied up in the most ridiculous attire – from turkey costumes at Thanksgiving to Lederhosen in October. Equally entertaining is watching the head of a department stumble through a karaoke song at the end of a major gathering like our annual Mid-Year Sales Meeting. All it takes are willing managers (which we have in spades) a quirky idea (no shortage there, either) and a pledge form.
Who loves trivia? By our count, basically everyone. Our annual Trivia Night in Toronto has become so popular people from the local business community now flock to attend. Teams gather at the local watering hole to lock horns as they answer six rounds of questions – from sports and history to niche areas like Sitcoms and Reality TV. The leaderboard is updated after each round and teams are encouraged to place ‘beer bets’ with rival tables. This event is fun, lightly educational and, with an entrance fee of $20 per person, a great way to raise money! [Read more…]
On March 10th at 6pm EST, the Softchoice lunchroom was transformed from a place where employees gather to eat, into a place where employees gather to eat…and settle their differences with Rocks, Papers, and Scissors!
We had an amazing 33 competitors, throwing down for their crack at the title of “Softchoice RPS Grand Champion” (SCC-RPSGC), but only one would prevail; Dinh Tran from the Toronto Mid-Market Outbound Team. Allow us to frame what may accompany this most prestigious title:
- The SCC-RPSGC has the right to set the RPS match terms if they’re ever challenged by a fellow employee.
- The SCC-RPSGC has the right to refuse any RPS challenge, and will do so while looking disapprovingly at the challenger.
- The evening meal previously known as “supper”, will henceforth be known as “dinner”
- Dinh Tran has the right to add the “SCC-RPSGC” designation to his email signature.
- The SCC-RPSGC will open the 2012 RPS Tournament, and provide the ceremonial Words of a Decisive Decision Maker (SCC-RPSGC, WDDM)