Migrating from a physical to a virtual environment can be a pain in the infrastructure. Fortunately, NetApp OnCommand System Manager and OnCommand Balance (formerly Akorri BalancePoint) can help you manage your virtual environment and optimize VMware performance. System Manager provides simple, yet powerful out-of-the-box management of NetApp storage systems while Balance enables administrators to troubleshoot performance issues.
What makes NetApp OnCommand different? Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about OnCommand:
- NetApp is offering OnCommand Balance for half-price with purchase of the FAS2220 storage appliance.
- According to a Forrester Total Economic Impact report, OnCommand management software provides a ROI of 235 percent and payback within nine months.
- NetApp OnCommand is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s recent research report, Magic Quadrant for Storage Resource Management and SAN Management Software Leaders are considered to have the most comprehensive and scalable products and are perceived as thought innovators.
- System Manager is browser-based so it’s easy to access and intuitive, enabling you to easily tap into powerful Data ONTAP features like SnapMirror, SyncMirror, and SnapLock.
- System Manager can help you save time and prevent errors. It comes with wizards and workflows, simplifying common storage tasks such as creating volumes, LUNs, qtrees, shares, and exports.
- There is no additional cost to use System Manager. No license is required, entitlement and support comes with a purchase of NetApp FAS or V-Series hardware.
- Because of OnCommand’s efficiency and innovation, Insight Balance was named in Storage Magazine and SearchStorage.com as the 2011 Product of the Year. This is its third gold win its category.
- Balance has been certified through the VMware Ready Management solution program. That means it’s tested to make sure it works properly with VMware vSphere.
- Like a super-sleuth CSI agent, Insight Balance can identify memory mis-configurations and other performance problems that cause slowdowns, contention and bottlenecks in your infrastructure. No more guesswork. No more firefighting.
- OnCommand Balance gives storage administrators end-to-end visibility and advanced analytics so they can quickly troubleshoot performance issues across the shared infrastructure, optimize VM performance, identify misaligned LUNs, and eliminate storage risks.
To learn more, read our post on the FAS2220 storage appliance release or download our free eBook How do I better allocate and manage shared storage?